Dona Sarkar: Night Light Will Come to Windows 10 Mobile When It’s the “Right Time”
Night Light for Windows 10 Mobile hasn’t been dropped
In an interview to Neowin, the Windows Insider program’s chief Dona Sarkar clarified that improvements to Continuum and Night Light will come to Windows 10 Mobile when it’s the “right time”.
They’re not in the builds yet. We’re still trying to figure out when is the right time for them to be in the builds. We do know that these features are very important, so we want to unveil them at the right time for the audience… For us, it’s all about the quality. We don’t want to add features when we don’t love the quality of the build yet, so we’d rather focus on building up quality than figuring out when to roll features.
When asked if the Windows 10 Mobile users will have to wait longer for these features, Sarkar said the team “would never ship to Insiders without giving it enough ‘runway’ to get the feedback.”
We have to figure out timelines, right? We have to see first, how does that feature do on desktop? And if the feedback is good, we’re like, okay, yeah – that seems like a good idea for Mobile as well. But if the feature doesn’t get the kind of feedback that we need to say, okay, yeah, that’s a feature that people love, that they’re using, we’re getting data on, then we wouldn’t expand it to Mobile.
What we don’t like to do is pull things out.
At this point, it looks very unlikely that Microsoft will bring Night Light and the Continuum improvements to Windows 10 Mobile with the Creators Update this summer.
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 Final Specifications Confirmed – KFA2 GT 1030 EXOC White Ships With 30W TDP, 1506 MHz Clock Speed and 48 GB/s Bandwidth
- AMD Radeon RX Vega High-End Enthusiast Graphics Card Packaging Pictured – Supposedly Bundled With Quake Champions
- Premium iOS Apps Have Gone Free this Weekend – Download them All
- First Sony Xperia XZ Premium Camera Samples Show Impressive Close up, Moderate Long Distance Results
- Microsoft Trademarks Direct Physics – Is This A New Physics API for DirectX 12?