Microsoft Releases Two New Builds as Windows 10 Creators Update Inches Closer to the Finish Line
Microsoft has just rolled out two new Windows 10 Preview builds to the Insiders on the Fast ring. Build 15042 is out for PC and build 15043 for Mobile. While not a feature-rich build, it might be one of the very few times that Mobile is actually ahead of PC.
Windows 10 Creators Update nears completion
The new Windows 10 Creators Update test builds released today bring a huge number of fixes, confirming that the upcoming update is about to be completed. However, this doesn’t mean that Microsoft has stopped ironing out the issues or making changes in response to the user feedback.
Windows 10 Creators Update Build 15042 brings new Cortana animation in OOBE (out-of-box experience), along with a new prompt that would make it more obvious that the Flash content has been blocked and will only be click-to-run. About time… Here are more details:
New Cortana animation in OOBE (PC): We know how much you love animations, so we wanted to share with you our updated Cortana persona that you’ll see when you land on the Cortana page in OOBE:
Prompt to enable Flash in Microsoft Edge (PC): Back in Build 15002, we introduced click-to-run Flash by default in Microsoft Edge, for better security and performance across the Web. In today’s build, we’ve added a new dialog in the URL bar to make it clearer when Flash content has been blocked. Just click the puzzle icon to allow Flash once or every time you return to the same site.
Improved reading experience with Microsoft Edge: You loved the new Edge reading experience and gave us a TON of feedback. Here are some we implemented:
- When reading a locally saved EPUB book in Microsoft Edge on PC, a book icon will now be used in the place of the previous generic in the tab bar.
- If you switch pages while an EPUB book is being read aloud in Microsoft Edge, the reader will now jump to that new location in the book.
- If you’ve changed the read aloud settings when reading an EPUB in Microsoft Edge, those settings will now be preserved for subsequently opened books.
While the new improvements are only a few, there is a long list of fixes that both the Preview builds have brought to PC and Mobile. Windows 10 build 15043 for Mobile brings numerous fixes to Continuum, Mail, Calendar, Edge, Settings, and more. Microsoft’s official announcement post lists all the included fixes and known issues of the two Insider Preview builds.
The company is expected to release Windows 10 Creators Update to the public in April 2017. Following this, Microsoft is also rumored to release a bigger feature upgrade codenamed Windows 10 Redstone 3, later in the year.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition Overclocked Beyond 3 GHz With LN2 Cooling – Tremendous OC Potential On Reference PCB
- Download Windows 10 ISO (32-bit / 64-bit) Officially And Legally
- Assassin’s Creed Dev Denies Leaked Image To Be True, Talks About Competition with Zelda & Horizon
- Bypass iPhone 5 Passcode Easily Through iOS 6.1 Bug
- MSI Enabling A-XMP For Ryzen Motherboards Soon