Microsoft Hustles Ahead of Next Windows 10 Release – Third Preview Build Out This Week
Microsoft is rolling out third Windows 10 Creators Update Preview build to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring this week. Calm down, Redmond? Nope, it can’t. The company is expected to release the upcoming major upgrade to Windows 10 users on April 11. And since we are less than a month away from that release date, Microsoft should be preparing the RTM build before it could start rolling out Windows 10 Creators Update to the public.
Since this is the third build this week, even the list of bug fixes is shorter than what we are used to. Remember those beautiful days that brought us massive feature experiments? Well, no more. Hopefully, we will get to experience many of those features without any “known issues” once the version is out for the public. Here’s the complete changelog:
- We fixed an issue resulting in some unexpected visual distortion when watching certain mp4 videos in Movies and TV on recent flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in OOBE crashing when you tapped the birthday date field when creating a new account and email address.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in certain VPN connections being unexpecting missing from Network Connections.
- We fixed an issue where in recent flights, some Direct3D 9 games might periodically fail to launch. To work around this, it was necessary that your default display resolution be the recommended setting for your system. You can now return your display configuration to your preferred settings.
Windows 10 Creators Update 15061 known issues for PC
- You will be unable to download new (additional) language packs on this build. Currently installed language packs will not be impacted.
- If your PC fails to install this build on reboot with the error 8024a112, reboot manually again. If your PC appears to hang during the reboot, power your PC off and back on and the install will proceed.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. If you encounter it, please try deleting the following registry key: 1
- Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo
- There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
- [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
For more details, please visit the announcement page. Ready for the latest Windows 10 Creators Update Preview build? If you are enrolled in the Windows Insider Fast ring, you can get the latest build from Windows Update.
- Xiaomi Has a Response to Why It Removed the Headphone Jack From the Mi6
- NVIDIA Showcases GameWorks Flow Tech in DirectX 12 With Real-time Fire and Smoke Simulation
- Wardell: Scorpio’s 12GB RAM Means No Real Technical Limit; It’ll Take 2 Years To Fully Utilize Its Power
- Ashes of the Singularity Dev: The Nintendo Switch Doesn’t Need 3rd Party Support
- If You Are Looking For A Healthy Lifestyle And Are Having Trouble Doing So-These Are The Must Fitness Apps To Try