Charging an iPhone in a Bathtub Led to One Poor Man’s ‘Shocking’ Demise
Any electrical appliance or product that comes in contact with water can not only spell disaster for that product, but also for the user. Unfortunately, in a tragic incident, one man lost his life while charging his iPhone in the bathtub, cautioning everybody about the dangers of electrical equipment around water bodies.
Report States That iPhone Owner Placed Charger on His Chest, Leading to His Untimely Demise
The human body is a very effective conductor of electricity and it can result in the loss of life if a piece of connected electrical equipment comes in contact with that body. If the body is covered or soaked in water, then you’d best pray for a miracle. Unfortunately, fate had a different story to write for Richard Bull, as he expired while charging his iPhone in the bathtub. According to a report via Daily Mail, it appears as if the iPhone’s charger was placed on the man’s chest while he was using the handset.
“We found an iPhone plugged into the extension cable and then the charger element in the bath. The extension cable was on the floor and it appeared as though he had his phone charger on his chest and the part between the phone charger and the cable had made contact with the water.”
The coroner states that he will detail his findings to Apple in an attempt to issue warnings to users about the hazards of using electrical equipment and accessories in compromising situations.
“At an inquest into his death the coroner issued a warning about using the ‘innocuous devices’ which can be ‘as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom. These seem like innocuous devices but can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom. They should attach warnings. I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone.”
While the death of Richard Bull is an event where his loved will shed tears for immensely, it is also an immediate reminder for users to proceed with caution when handling electrical products, particularly when their bodies are soaked in water.
Using any device connected to the main power while taking a bath is definitely a bad idea.
- Intel Quietly Launches Xeon Platinum and Gold Series Processors With Up To 28 Cores / 56 Threads
- NVIDIA Planning Sub-$80 US GeForce GT 1030 Graphics Card To Tackle Radeon RX 550 – Will Feature 512 Cores, Up To 4 GB VRAM, 35W TDP
- AMD: Radeon RX Vega Performance Compared To GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and Titan Xp Looks Really Nice
- 343i Acknowledges Halo 5 Storytelling Mistake, Will Double Down on Master Chief Focus
- iPhone 8 Suffering From Wireless Charging Overheat And Low PCB Yields; Separate Reports Claim Only Two iPhones Incoming This Year