Featured ROM: Experience Galaxy S8 Features on Your Galaxy S7 Duo With This Nougat ROM
Don’t want to upgrade your phone this year? Why not get the latest software features right on your older device then? Thanks to XDA developers, we keep getting our hands on some of the amazing custom ROMs. Today’s featured ROM promises to bring the looks and feel of Galaxy S8 right on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. Follow this guide for all the TGP Nougat Galaxy S8 ROM features and steps to flash it on your Galaxy S7 and S7 edge!
The Galaxy Project (TGP) Nougat Galaxy S8 ROM for S7 and S7 edge features
CHOICE OF S8 APPS
– S8 Sounds
– S8 Emojis
– S8 Fonts
– S8 Camera
– S8 Cloud Gateway
– S8 Contacts + Phone
– S8 Edge Panel
– S8 Gallery
– S8 Keyboard
– S8 Launcher
– S8 Smart Manager
CHOICE OF EXTRA APPS
- Geekbench 4
- Phone INFO
- Titanium Backup
- Total Commander
CHOICE OF KERNELS
- TGPKernel Lite
- TGPKernel (with PWM Flicker-Free Fix)
- Based on Official Samsung N 7.0 G930FXXU1DQG6 / G935FXXU1DQG6
- Base CSC: XSA XXU11DQB9
- Added Magisk 13.3
- Added SuperSU 2.82 SR1 (SystemMode and Systemless)
- Added Busybox Installer (1.26.2-Stericson)
- Most bloatware removed from standard Installaton (apps that can downloaded via Samsung or Google Stores)
- Fixed Private Mode to work with KNOX 0x1 Devices
- SD Card Fixes
- Floating Messages
- Brightness Fix
- Reboot Recovery Button in Power Menu
- Volume safe warning removed
- Brightness safe warning removed
- Windows Animation fix
- Light Key Duration Fix
- Outdoor Mode fix
- Center clock on the status bar (AROMA option)
Following devices are supported by TGP Nougat Galaxy S8 ROM latest stable version 15, according to the developer:
Prerequisites to flash TGP Galaxy S8 ROM for Galaxy S7, S7 edge
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with TWRP.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to install TGP Nougat Galaxy S8 ROM on Galaxy S7 duo
Required files: download the custom ROM for Galaxy S7 or S7 edge and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also, download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S7 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a complete wipe with Wipe > Swipe to Factory Reset.
- From the main menu, select install and locate the custom firmware.
- Confirm the flashing process with Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Next, tap on the Wipe cache/dalvik.
- After this is done, tap Reboot System to reboot your Galaxy S7 into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.
Note: For the complete list of features, download links, instructions, and support, visit this XDA thread.