How to Fix Windows 10 Sound Issues – Windows Tips & Tricks
If you managed to upgrade to the latest desktop operating system offering by Microsoft, you might be one of the many users facing the “No Sound” issue on Windows 10. Follow this guide to fix the problem in a few simple steps.
– Recommended: Enable “Hey Cortana” in Windows 10
How to fix “No Sound” issue on Windows 10:
Windows 10 went through tens of Insider PC Preview builds before it was released to the public on July 29. These Insider builds helped Microsoft squash hundreds of bugs, however, as the operating system opens to millions of consumers, more bugs keep appearing. The latest of these post-upgrade issues include a “No Sound” problem on Windows 10. If you are encountering this annoying little bug even after installing the audio drivers from your computer’s OEM, here is how to easily fix this problem.
- Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar, at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select Playback Devices from the menu.
- Choose the current playback device (by-default, it’s set to speakers) and double-click on it to open its properties.
- Go to Advanced tab and change the bit rate to either, 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz, depending on your speaker configuration.
After this, check if the sound issues are resolved on your Windows 10 computer. In case you are still facing the problem, restore sound to fix the problem.
- Go to Start Menu > search for Device Manager.
- Expand Sound and audio devices.
- Right-click on the current sound driver > choose uninstall.
- Click on Scan for hardware changes.
- Updated drivers will now be automatically installed.
These steps have helped many users fix the sound problems on Windows 10. Don’t forget to let us know if any of the above tips worked for you or if you found another solution to the sound issues on Windows 10.
- Download Windows 10 Creators Update Right Away – ISO (32-Bit / 64-Bit) and Update Assistant Now Live
- Mass Effect Andromeda’s “Issues” Are Actively Being Worked On But Only One Animation Issue Is Mentioned
- Samsung Store Catches Fire Ahead Of Galaxy S8 Launch, What Are The Odds?
- Download Original Windows 10 1507 ISO (32-bit / 64-bit) Officially And Legally
- The iPhone 7s, iPhone 7s Plus & iPhone 8 Will All Feature Wireless Charging; Apple Watch 3 Will Support LTE – Apple’s Supply Chain Reports